Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau acknowledged that Canadian intelligence companies had been investigating the accusations since Hardeep Singh Nijjar was assassinated in June. Nijjar, a designated terrorist, was connected to Khalistan Tiger Drive and Sikhs for Justice, and was wanted in reference to varied criminal circumstances in India. The NIA had announced a cash reward for his apprehension.
Ties between India and Canada hit a new low as Canada expelled a top Indian diplomat on Monday after Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau alleged that India’s executive was serious in regards to the dying of Khalistan supporter Hardeep Singh Nijjar in Canada.
Trudeau acknowledged in Parliament that Canadian intelligence companies had been investigating the accusations since Sikh chief Hardeep Singh Nijjar, a staunch proponent of an goal Sikh nation known as Khalistan, was assassinated on June 18 outside a Sikh cultural center in Surrey, British Columbia.
Trudeau advised Parliament that he mentioned the slaying with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the G-20 last week, that any Indian executive participation might perhaps be unacceptable, and that he requested collaboration within the inquiry.
Who was Hardeep Singh Nijjar?
* Hardeep Singh Nijjar, a title that gained notoriety because of his involvement in militant activities, met a tragic discontinue on June 18, 2023, in Canada. He was fatally shot extra than one cases outside a Gurudwara in Surrey.
* Born and raised within the village of Bhar Singh Pura in Jalandhar, Punjab, Nijjar migrated to Canada in 1997, the put he pursued a career as a plumber. He led a family existence, being married and a father to two sons.
* On the opposite hand, Nijjar’s existence took a black flip as he grew to alter into deeply entangled with Khalistan militancy after settling in Canada. He performed a well-known role within the Khalistan Tiger Drive (KTF), a firm infamous for its involvement in acts of terrorism and which implies that truth banned.
*Nijjar was additionally connected to the outlawed separatist community Sikhs for Justice (SFJ). His actions ended in him being designated a terrorist by the Indian executive in 2020.
* Nijjar’s alleged involvement in varied criminal circumstances added to his notoriety. He was wanted in reference to the 2007 blast in Ludhiana, Punjab, which resulted within the deaths of six of us and left around 40 participants injured.
* Furthermore, he was implicated within the assassination of Rashtriya Sikh Sangat President Rulda Singh in Patiala in 2009.
* The National Investigation Company (NIA) in India had announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh for records leading to Nijjar’s apprehension. This announcement came within the context of his suspected involvement within the assassinate of a Hindu priest in Jalandhar, Punjab, last July. The NIA was additionally actively probing fresh attacks on Indian diplomatic missions in Canada, the UK, and the US, with that that you would be in a position to be mediate of hyperlinks to Nijjar’s activities.
Be taught Extra News on
(Catch your total Industrial News, Breaking News Events and Most new News Updates on The Financial Conditions.)
Get The Financial Conditions News App to in discovering Day-to-day Market Updates & Reside Industrial News.